Friday, April 8, 2011

#19- Adventures!



Thursday's post is being thankful for adventures! I was supposed to go to school Thur evening for my bio class on the skeletal system (totally not my cup of tea, let me tell you). I was grumpy from trying to finish my homework quickly and make it to school, as soon as I put my completed homework away in my folder I received an email from my teacher: "a water main has broke on campus, Mira Costa is shut down for the rest of the day due to no water, class is canceled for tonight" Woooo Hooo!!! That was the best news I got all day!

So Andy and I hopped in the car and took off, we originally went out to run some errands (bank, return rental movies, etc) but we got hungry. In our search for food we decided to head down the coast and try happy hour at this place called Encinitas Ale House. It was a quaint little bar on the 101 South Coast Highway with a good happy hour special (half off all appetizers) we felt adventurous so we deiced to get the "muscles and scallops plate", the "calamari" and the "beef bruchetta" and a couple of beers. Everything was very delicious. Afterward we went for a little walk around the block, even though it was pretty chilly. We hopped back into the car and drove up and down Coast Highway a bit more, watching the pelicans fly by and the crazy people in the ocean. We then drove all the way up to the top of a mountain in San Elijo, where we watched the rain roll in from the coast, looked for our house, saw a beautiful sunset peak through the clouds and froze our little butts off.

We came home, got under some blankets and watched a movie. All in all a pretty fun day, way better then sitting in school for sure! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment