Friday, April 8, 2011

#20- Gwen Stefani



So, many of you who have known me for awhile probably are aware of my "slight" love of Gwen Stefani (and furthermore No Doubt). This woman is my inspiration to life. I love her. I have never met her, I have never spoken to her, or received her autograph, but non-the-less I love her (and have since I was about 12 years old). She is like a muse to me; for fashion, for hair (in my younger years I had, at times, a full head of platinum blond or pink hair), for charitable work, for basically everything life has to offer.

I have attended over 13 No Doubt and Gwen Strefani concerts here in San Diego throughout my life (every major headlining tour at least once for ND and twice each for Gwen solo). The first concert was No Doubt's "Tragic Kingdom" tour, I was 13 years old. My dad dropped my friend Becca and I off at the San Diego Sports Arena by ourselves, a pretty intimidating thing at 13 since back then there was a very heavy punk/ska following (I'll admit we were a little nervous). Weezer opened for them, it's a day I will never forget. Neither will I forget any of the 12 other concerts I've seen with ND and Gwen. It was even to the point that when I saw Gwen's concert for a 2nd time on the same tour (all the way from the nosebleed seats) I could tell she was pregnant, I left telling everyone I knew she was, and no one believed me, a week later she announced it. (I also guessed her baby's name would be Preston, it was Kingston, pretty close)

I also own many of Gwen's product lines including an original L.A.M.B from LeSportsac handbag, quite a few Harajuku bags and perfume, and a least one item from every concert I've attended (including a hounds-tooth hoodie from the most recent ND tour). I wish I could list more, but they're not cheap items to buy (hence the fact I don't have a real L.A.M.B purse or shoes yet, stress on the YET). My next item to purchase will be this special Japan Relief Harajuku shirt with proceeds going to Japan. Gwen loves Japan so much she actually donated one million dollars of her own money after the tragedy hit, she's also selling these shirts to help out, and hosting an auction on ebay that starts on April 11th. I can not tell you how proud I am of her, she really is an amazing person and truly an inspiration! The big prize in this auction is a tea party in LA with Gwen, this is a dream come true for me (and every one of her thousands of fans). I know I won't be able to out bid all of her crazy fanatics, but my god I wish I could! To spend an afternoon sipping tea with Gwen herself?!? I'm speechless just thinking about it (a rarity with me), and to think it would go for such a great cause at the same time! (sigh...) So if anyone feels like making my life complete and wants to try to bid on this once in a lifetime experience on my behalf I will love you forever, and ever, and ever and ever! ;)

For the most part I think I'm just thankful that I had such a wonderful role model growing up, and still do to this day. Yes, she's definitely alternative, but what a woman to admire! She's so much better then the tramps the kids these days are into (Brittany, Lindsey, etc). She has built an empire (music, clothing, accessories, purses, you name it), she gets to do what she loves everyday, and she's always reminding herself to be thankful of that. We sure do have a lot in common. :)

So thank you Gwen Stefani, for a lifetime of inspiration. For always inspiring me to: grow up to follow my dreams & passions, be a successful hardworking entrepreneur, be a fashion diva and embrace all the creativity I can, and to most importantly remember to always spread the love and gratitude! I love you girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment