Thursday, March 17, 2011

#5- Nicomi

Today was a tough day, I have two things that I could write about that I am very very thankful for, but I promised Nicomi today would be hers. SO, today I am thankful for the wonderful, bubbly, beautiful, bundle of sunshine: Mrs. Nicomi Morris (I mean Vargas) ;)



I am thankful to Nicomi for so many things, hopefully I don't forget any of them in this post. Nicomi and I met working at a salon together, she a hairstylist and I a receptionist (working for a very not nice salon owner). We were always giggly together, something hard not to do in Nicomi's presence, but after I left we kind of lost touch. Fate brought us back together when Nicomi needed help planning her wedding. We met up to talk weddings, hair, and flowers. Nicomi also does flowers so they were a very important topic for her own wedding (something we went over MANY times during the planning process due to "someone's" indecisiveness of components/color/style/theme, hard to narrow it down when you love all flowers so much) Over the course of a year we spent lots of time together, we agreed for me to do her wedding and she my hair. I finally had a chance to get my hair permanently straighted (something I love doing since my hair is naturally a crazy curly mess, but can never afford to do every 6 months till Nicomi came along)! We grew closer and closer as time went on, chatting during my hair appointments, sharing our love of flowers, we never ran out of things to say, she even started to assist me with weddings for floral set-ups. She gifted me a flat iron (a very nice one) and I try to spoil her whenever I can (though we had to give up the red velvet cupcakes). She truly is a wonderful friend. Always patient, understating, great at listening and giving advice, and always willing to swoop in and save me with anything I might need help with. I feel very lucky to call her a friend. She's such a joy to be around that I actually crave her company when it's been awhile since I've seen her. So I'm sure I forgot a thing or two specifically to be thankful for when it comes to my friend Nicomi, but hopefully you get the picture! Thanks Nicomi for everything! I love you! (and my hair looks fabulous) :)

Photo by the A-mazing Sean Capshaw of Resolusean Photography, a future post to this guy for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment