Monday, March 21, 2011

#8- ICE CREAM

So, after #7 you're all up to speed on my tardiness right? Great! Onto #8, a really yummy number 8.... ICE CREAM! (it's gotta be in all caps. You scream, I scream, We all scream for ICE CREAM!) ;)



In my last post I touched base on the fact that the wedding this weekend had an ice cream sundae bar, a trend that I can say I am so ecstatic is growing. I hate cake, for those who didn't already know. I mean I really really REALLY can't stand cake, or frosting, or anything cake-like. I never have, even when I was a little kid, my brothers don't either, it's just our thing. When we were little for our birthdays we wanted anything but cake. There were many a birthdays I blew candles out of pizza, or cookies, but my favorite was ice cream pie! It's kind of sad too b/c when my mom was preggers with me she took cake decorating classes to make adorable cakes for us as kids, and we never ate them. Though that may be the reason I was a cake decorator when I was in my late teens/early 20s, and why I love decorating cakes so much. I just really have no desire to eat them.

So it's always a bummer to see wedding cake at a wedding. Dessert is my favorite thing in the whole world (as you can probably tell by my booty). I will literally not finish my dinner to save room for dessert. If a restaurant has a bad dessert I won't go back, even if my meal was fine. Above all desserts I love ice cream. A warm brownie (or cookie) topped with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, nuts, NO whip cream, and a cherry, and I'm in heaven. So you can see where a sundae bar at a wedding could have me giddy. This weekend's was particularly delicious. It had premium Dryer's Ice Cream (vanilla, chocolate and some delicious flavor that I have no clue what it was but I want it again, something with brownies bits). We set out cake and sugar cones, huge jars of cherries (another favorite of mine, I had quite a few throughout the night), coffee creamer containers that had been converted into topping holders with matching red print on them filled with caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, sprinkles, and nuts. It was really a wonderful thing. I enjoyed it so much that as I was thinking back on it tonight and wondering what I wanted to write about I had to get up and make myself a sundae with vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce and nuts (we're out of cherries and brownies) and then I figured it must mean it's time to give thanks to ice cream. So thank you ice cream for always being there for me, especially in times of tears and more importantly in times of joy (even if it's the ice cream itself that brings me joy). Even though you're chalked full of empty calories and have no nutritional value I love you so!

No comments:

Post a Comment