Monday, March 21, 2011

#7- Awesome Weddings

So I'm a little late on my postings of "one-a-day", so sorry. I have a valid excuse though, 14 hours of wedding work on Saturday, then Sunday was a design show & site visit in the furthest corner of San Diego county (Coronado) and homework & a test for my Kinesiology class. Busy weekend! So this is post #7 for Saturday, and I'll post another right after for Sunday, then we'll be back on schedule!

Today's (Saturday's) thankful thing is awesome weddings. I know every wedding is pretty awesome, well when you love weddings as much as I do they are, but Saturdays was pretty rockin... literally. It's always fun when you get to work with a couple that wants to go totally off the wall and do something different with their wedding day. It could be something as chic as an ultra lounge feel complete with cocktails and appetizers to party the night away in style, or as elaborate as an all out theme to their event (I've even done a Halloween wedding), but this wedding was one for the books for sure! It was my first one of 2011 and I was hired by the mother of the bride, a trend I'm seeing a lot this year for some reason. MoB's are taking over the planning processes completely and leaving very little on a busy bride's plate. A nice gesture but I'm still getting used to it. In this instance it was a great treat to work with a really fun, down to earth, totally groovy mom. She was so much fun to be around I'm sad that it's all over!

Anyway, b/c of the mom planning I just met the bride and groom a week ago and they were totally my style of peeps! Young and in love of course, but some really nerdy rock n rollers. The wedding theme was Rock n Roll and they really went ALL out! The details we amazing! I really can not wait for the photos. There were real records at every place setting with a custom label and every person's name on each, there were not 1, but 4 custom CDs each with a different ear of hand picked music from 50-60's, 70's, 80's & 90's on them (that looked like records) with the wedding theme logo on them for guests to take home. Their colors were red, black, and teal (a palate I totally dig). I got to dress a little more "my style" with leopard earrings and my hair in a pompadour, which obviously isn't the norm in my world but totally is my vibe. They wore custom converse shoes, danced to indie music, and served the best food I've ever had at a wedding. The menu consisted of hot dogs, hamburgers, french fries, chili (for chili dogs or chili cheese fries) and for desert an entire table of cupcakes AND an ice cream sundae bar (my one true love)! The best part was their AWESOME cake topper! It was an adorable Ken and Barbie doll topper sitting on a bench under a floral tree, the heads had been replaced with bobble head storm troopers! (from the movie Star Wars for those who are not well versed in nerdism) I told you they were my peeps! It was epic! They even cut their cake with a lightsaber! (again, Star Wars reference) I had such a blast, even with all the craziness wedding days hold (this one had it's fair share. The bride spent the night in the ER for a wicked gal bladder infection that is going to require surgery) it was a wedding I'll never forget for all the right reasons. I can't wait to get some pictures back and post them on FB and my Day of LOVE blog! Until then I can just say I'm totally thankful for awesome brides/grooms/Mobs/weddings! I love my job!

This was taken the night before the wedding as we were setting everything up. Just a little taste of the colors and style. More to come when I get the photos back I swear! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment