Saturday, March 19, 2011

#6- Jessica

Today (well tonight really) I'm thankful for my newest addition to my friend list: Miss Jessica Wilson (soon to be Blankemeier). Jessica and I met pretty recently (especially in my world of friends, where most friends I've had for 10+ years), but we instantly connected. Jessica works at the yoga studio I manage in Vista, Yoga Vista. One day I walked into the studio to try a new class by a new teacher named Jessica. As soon as I saw her I smiled and thought, "I know this girl! But from where?" I spent the whole class trying to remember how I knew her... highschool? band? baton? After class I heard her mention she just moved here from Colorado, "hmmmm.... guess I don't know her" (well not in this lifetime yet)  I soon became a regular at her class, then we started to hang out after class, then on off days too. Her and her fiancĂ©e, Rick, both work at Stone Brewery (where my boyfriend Andy also works) so we saw each other at company events, and such. We spent the entire Stone Holiday Party chatting and dancing the night away together. The more we hung out the more we seemed to be attached at the hip. We love frequenting the Yellow Deli (the most amazing, magical, yummiest place you can eat at. If you haven't heard of it or been there it is a MUST visit) and talking about our lives. I even get the honor of helping her plan her wedding to Rick for June 2012 in Colorado, and fly out to coordinate and do the flowers for it too! Something I'm very excited to be a part of, especially since Jessica's giving me freedom to create whatever I want for her flowers.

Today made me want to say a little something about her since she called me out of the blue this afternoon, I had missed class this week due to my wedding industry event and she missed me (awwww). We spent some time catching up and she mentioned she also wanted to have me talk about my favorite yoga teach, Jon Mize. She was writing an article on Jon and wanted a student quote for it, and thought I'd be the perfect fit. It made me so happy to talk about a teacher I love so dearly and even happier to read the little article she put together for him. You can read it by clicking here (I'm famous!) :) It explains a little about Jon and also highlights the wonderful fundraiser our yoga studio has started for another fabulous teacher of ours, Summer, to help her recover from her third (yes I said third) round of cancer. She's even written an article on the fundraiser itself here! Jessica is a true inspiration, reminding me to take it slow, breathe and live in the moment. She's a wonderful friend, someone I trust completely and value her advice dearly, and she is an even better yoga teacher. I always look forward to her classes, and she's been so supportive in my Pilates journey too. Thank you Jessica for being such a wonderful energy of calm love to be around, you're my little soul sister! :)

Here's us getting ready to start the Oceanside Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving '10!

No comments:

Post a Comment