Monday, March 14, 2011

Thankful Thing #2- Meme

So today I want to express my thanks to my amazing grandma, Phyllis Tromer (better known as Meme)


My Meme is the BEST! She's responsible for so many good things over the years (and years) I've been alive. Not only is she a fabulous grandma, when we were younger and we went to visit her in El Paso she would let us eat sugary cereal (which was a big no-no in our house.... awesome!), she also put up with taking us to malls, waterparks, and enriching us with the theater. She loves owls, she collects them, and it's always fun to find something new and cool to give her. I love looking for owl stuff so much I've started buying things for myself too, then when I see them I can think of her! (I'm even wearing an owl shirt today! Totally unplanned I swear) What made me want to pay some homage to her today was that I am attending Mira Costa College right now; every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday night. I'm in school to finish my Pilates certification, a much more intense process then I originally thought it would be, all so that I may teach (hopefully) at my Yoga studio after I obtain my certificate. Meme made this all possible for me. She's funding my education as she has done since I graduated high school through Mira Costa. It's not super expensive to go to a community college as apposed to a university, or in my case a Pilates certification program through a private institute (which can average in the $5,000 range), but it was more then I could afford and something I really wanted to do. My Meme swooped in and saved the day by offering to fund my adventure! She paid for my units of classes, parking pass, books (not cheap!) and everything else I needed to start school again. So everyday I'm sitting in my classes I try to send a little mental thank you to her for making it possible. It's not an easy class-load, I can tell you that, but I"m there; I'm learning and participating, I'm getting good grades, and I'm going to be able to teach others something I love to do (and I'm getting into really good shape too!). So I can't help but thank my wonderful grandma who's always been there for me for being there once more! Thanks Meme!

No comments:

Post a Comment