Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Thankful Thing #3- My Businesses (yes, plural)

Tonight I get to attend a spring release party for Exquisite Magazine at the classically elegant Rancho Bernardo Inn. I get to eat yummy food, drink fantastic drinks, and catch up with all the wonderfully amazing people that make up the San Diego Wedding Industry. We really are one big happy family, well in my eyes anyway. But seriously, how cool is this? And this is just a small portion of the fun items/events I get to be a part of just for being a wedding planner! I was just recently offered a free overnight stay at a resort so I can see what they're all about and refer clients to them. I have had numerous invitations to tour venues, dine at restaurants and catering places, and sip wine at wineries all "on the house". All in all it's pretty sweet to be a wedding planner (well, can't forget about the 14 hour days and dealing with brides all the time, but hey it's still a pretty sweet gig.) Work hard, play hard!



I truly am so thankful to have been so lucky in life. I LOVE what I do. No, really, I am 110% head over heels in love with my businesses and my industry. Some might call it obsessive, but I call it love. :) Weddings are amazing; the beauty, the emotions, the family & friends, the food & drink, it all adds up to one spectacular day. I get to be a part of something special, someone's big day, it's more rewarding then I can put into words. Yes, I know, some think I'm crazy. The amount of patience needed and high stress added into this day can make many people crack under the enormous amount of pressure involved, but not me. It's my "A game", I'm in the zone when it's wedding day. I think you can almost get a sort of contact high from the bride and groom's happiness, I swear.

It's pretty awesome that not only do I get to coordinate/plan weddings with my wonderful company Day of LOVE, but that I also get to play with flowers with my lovely company BRANCHES. It's like the best of both worlds! Creating, designing, and working with flowers is so much fun. I love seeing what new things I can make, what I can create from a bride's vision, and the look on their faces when they see the complete project..... It's priceless!

I can honestly say that I have not been alone in this journey to being my own boss, many have helped along the way (you know who you all are, but rest assured you'll all have your own page on this blog soon). Not a day goes by that I don't look at my websites, talk to a bride, update a facebook page or blog, attend an industry event, or work from home that I don't thank the universe for the amazing blessings I receive. I get to work from home. I have a career doing what I love. I am my own boss. I get to be friends with some amazing people that are just as passionate about this industry as I am. And above all else, I get to make a bride & groom's wedding day a success. I don't know how to be thankful enough for all of that!

I heard someone say once that in the wedding industry we work for gratitude, and I couldn't agree more! A happy, thankful bride (& groom/family) that truly recognizes your dedication and hard work to them is the truly the greatest feeling in the world! (and well worth all the grey hairs I'm earning along the way) ;)

1 comment:

  1. Nice post Jen! I love seeing into your world a bit, rather than just be part of the professional life. Kudo's on a great blog!

    ReplyDelete