Saturday, March 26, 2011

#14- My FRIENDS


Ok, while I am very thankful for the show "Friends" and might actually post about my thankfulness of said show one day to fill in the days, today is just about how thankful I am for all of my personal friends. (I just think the logo is a nice touch since I can't add a picture of me with each and every one of my friends on here.... or could I? Well, we'll just stick with this.)

I have the best group of friends anyone could ask for! If you've been reading/following this blog daily (I know it's tough, even for me to do) :) you'll have read some postings about specific friends, and more will be coming over the next year, trust me, but in general as a group I'm pretty lucky to be able to call them all my friends.

Facebook states that I have a little over 200 "friends" though I wouldn't really consider many of them actual true friends. I can say that I have quite a wide group of true friends (more then most people I think). Many of them I've known since I was 11 years old, many have stood the test of time from middle school, some from baton, others from band, but all of these friends have been here for me for over half my life. Seriously, it's not like we lost touch for huge gaps of time, no the friends I had in middle school are still the people I hang out with today. I've been in many of their weddings, I've planned their baby showers and attended their parties. It's really cool to be able to say that out loud, how many friend do you still have from when you were 12? I'm pretty thankful for that, I hope it means I'm doing something right. Then there are the "newer" friends I've added to my list over the years, they come from all over and I've met them in many different ways but somehow they have all found a place in my heart.

And it doesn't stop there! Just having all my friends IS something to be thankful for in itself, but my friends are really the best kind of friends, the type that love me, support me, and help me every chance they get. They pull together to support me at my charity events I host (not only participating & donating but also their time to help me decorate & work at them), many have assisted me at weddings, some have helped me get my start in the wedding industry, I have muses, I have shoulders to cry on, I have people to confide in, anything and everything you can imagine a person doing for you I can name a friend in my list that will with one call.

So thanks everyone for being so awesome, you truly are the best group of friends a girl can ask for. I am truly thankful to have each of you in my life, and while we might not always be as dramatic or exciting as a sitcom I love all of us just the way we are! ("I'll be there for you...." Just so it's stuck in your head all night) You're welcome ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment